This means that approximately two thousand five hundred million human beings are deprived of the comfort of the tap and drinking water. Some members of the affected families, usually women and children, must walk long distances to fill the containers and carry them on their backs or shoulders. In the case of minors time spent well could serve him to go to school or embark in activities typical of their age. For women is a precious time that well could be devoted to the upbringing of their children or economically productive activities. Do 2? Africa 60% of the population lacks adequate latrines which, according to health agencies, can lead to contamination of the water sources, soil and food. This anomaly are derived from serious diarrheal diseases such as cholera, deadly condition that can lead to the patient to death in a few hours. 3.
At the beginning of the Decade of the sixties sea Arar was regarded as one of the world’s largest four lakes. Less than forty years later, in 2007, had only 10% of the original surface (Science & research magazine) 4. The trunk road from the Caribbean, links to various departments of the Colombian Caribbean coast. In one of its sections, it passes through several rivers whose headwaters are located in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. Today, when travelers overlook by the window of the vehicle, passing through a bridge, you can see the completely dry rivers or bedding set with a weak thread of water that resembles not in anything to the force and the force had thirty years ago. 5 Of the world’s children learn in their schools that the planet’s surface is covered by water in its three quarters. However, the 97.5 this water is salty and only a 2, sweet 5es. Fresh water 99% corresponds to glaciers and groundwater from which we can deduce that we only have the remaining 1% to meet the needs of 7,000 million people and billions of living beings of all species.
6. In some Latin American countries such as Venezuela and parts of Colombia a bottle of purified water of 500 cubic centimeters is more expensive than the same amount of oil, ACPM or gasoline. In stores in the neighborhood in Colombia, it is possible to buy a bag with half a litre of milk per thousand pesos (about 40 cents), two hundred dollars less than the same amount of water. As you can see, water is vital and, in addition, scarce and costly. And thinking about it back to the talks of childhood and give reason to those who preferred the water to food. Will give for a simple reason: without water there will be no food, no food. And nor will there be life. Alejandro Rutto Martinez is a renowned journalist and Colombian academic whose articles are published on websites, newspapers and magazines of several countries of the world. Recently was he awarded the prize for journalism of the CERREJ?N in the modaidad of the internet. Gain insight and clarity with Jeffrey Leiden. He is frequently invited to seminars and conferences in various cities.